Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4, 2012

Kumusta Pamilya

This week has been going pretty good.  The language is still coming a little at a time.  My two favorite phrases are Ano ba lyan (What the Heck) and Hindi lo Alam (I don't know).  Ha ha.

How is everything going at home?  How is my banana tree?  Ha ha.  I know it has been only 3 weeks, but is there anything new.  We had mission conference on Sunday and sadly they announced that we won't be able to call home on Christmas.  :(  There are too many missionaries here.  We wouldn't all be able to call home.

Now when we teach a lesson even though my sentences don't have correct grammar, I feel like I can somewhat carry on a conversation.  It's pretty cool.  Some lessons are still better than others though.  Sometimes I'll walk out of the room feeling pretty good about the lesson and sometimes I'll walk away thinking to myself, "What just happened?"  Ha ha.

One of my companions was sick on Saturday.  We got to stay in our room for most of the day.  Even though we still studied it was still a good break.  That night while at the gym, one of the Elders was telling me what our teacher went over in class.  He said, "The teacher went around the room and told everyone what he could tell our gifts are,"  (Both of our teachers are our investigators)  He said, "I had the gift of discernment."  He went on to say, "Even though I couldn't understand what he was saying, I always knew what he needed."  That made me feel really good.  I really needed to hear that.

Another district is leaving to go to the Philippines this week I think.  Pretty soon it's going to be our district leaving.  It's crazy!  There is also going to be another district coming soon.  We aren't going to be the new district anymore.

Oh ya, I heard a rumor that they are opening China up for missionary work.  I can't remember how many missionaries they said would be needed for that mission, but I know its in the thousands.  I wonder if that's why they lowered the age for missionaries.

Anyways, I gotta go.  Love you all tonz!

Love Sister Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment