Kumusta Pamilya
This week has been good. The language is coming along. I'm still working on being able to say my prayers and testimony in Tagalog without looking at the book. The words are starting to stick a little bit more now. We all bought a hymn book in Tagalog so we can sing a hymn at the beginning of each class period. Its kinda fun. A lot of our sacrament meeting is in Tagalog. (Everything but the speakers). We have to write a 3-5 minute talk for every Sunday just in case we get called on to talk. Luckily I haven't been called on yet. (knock-on-wood) We are supposed to write them in English and then translate them into Tagalog. I haven't translated mine in Tagalog yet because I haven't had alot of time (and I don't really know how to haha) I have to laugh at myself alot because I still don't understand very much. Otherwise I would be very frustrated with the language every day.
Paul B. Pieper came to talk to us on 11-20-12 (He is a member of the first quorum of the seventy) that was pretty cool. Jeffery R. Holland and his family came on Thanksgiving. Sister Holland and Jeffery Holland talked to everyone at the Thanksgiving devotional. We also got to hear from a couple of their family members. I felt so blessed to be there when they first walked in. It brought tears to my eyes.
I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I wish I could have spent it with you. I was half tempted to to go spend the day with all of you haha.
Thanks for all the emails and support everyone. I love getting them. I look forward to be able to read them on p-day because they are what keeps me going. I'm super nervous to go to the Philippines. The more time that goes by then reality sets in more haha.
Oh ya Kelli, me and Sister Tupa'i are going to the same mission but Sister Edwards is going to the Bagio Mission. Thanks for setting up a blog for me. It is much appreciated. How do I put the letters on there?
Thanks Bec for the Package. It is much needed and appreciated.
Joe, I'm getting pretty good at my 3 pointers. We will have to play when I get home. Some of the Missionaries were playing elimination and right when I started playing I got a couple of the Elders out haha.
I won't be able to send pictures this week because I haven't received my usb cord but hopefully next week. Anyways I better go. I love you and miss you guys soo much! I can't wait to get your emails next week. :) Mahal Kita (I Love You)
Love Sister Stowell
No comments:
Post a Comment