Kumusta Pamilya!!
I got my flight plans last Thursday. I leave SLC on Jan 22nd at 8:30pm. I arrive at Los Angeles at 9:35 pm and leave at 12:05 AM. I arrive at Hong Kong at 7:40 AM Jan 24 and leave at 9:05 AM. I will arrive in Manila Philippines Jan 24 at 11:15 am. I will be traveling with most of the missionaries in my district. I'm so happy about that. I didn't want to go alone. Family members are not suppose to meet us at the airport, but we can call when we get to the airport. I will call either when I am at the SLC airport or at the Los Angeles airport. I'm not sure yet but either way you all should be at moms house so I can talk to you all. I bought a calling card with 500 minutes on there but for every call I make It takes around 120 of the minutes for charges. These arrivals and departure times are not in the SLC time zone so its going to be late when I call but make sure you are awake. And all of you are at moms cuz I want to talk to you all. Just make sure you all are their between the times of 8:30pm- 12:00am.
This week is going to be crazy because for some reason our class is being chosen for everything. Ha Ha. Tomorrow the new MTC president is coming to our class to teach us. and on Thursday then The Ambassador of the Philippines is coming and also.....ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?..............PRESIDENT HINCKLEY'S son is coming also!! I'm so excited for that. I'm kinda super nervous to though because we all have to come up with a good question to ask the Ambassador. They told us it was rude if most of us don't ask a question. But here is the nerve racking part. He leads the conversation language...so if he talks in English we can speak English, but if he talks to us in Tagalog then we have to have the conversation in Tagalog...Ha Ha. should be quite interesting. We are going to have our picture taken so I will send that to you when I get it. All of these visitors are only coming to our class. When the guy came into tell us they were coming then he looks at me and he asked me if I was the girl that got her picture taken in the hair salon. haha He then said " Oh wow that's funny its the same class" then he told us who was coming. He asked all of the elders..." who likes guns" I raised my hand haha then he said " There is going to be cops here with guns so don't make things awkward and ask them what kind of gun they have haha.. that was pretty funny.
The 22nd is coming sooo fast! It so hard to focus on learning the language! President Smith said that usually the week before the missionaries leave they buckle down and learn alot. haha that is not the case for me. It's super hard to focus when I know that in a week I will be leaving the country haha.
I was super excited to email you this week because I actually had something to tell you. It wasn't the same thing every week haha.
Anyways I better go. I love you all! and miss you tonz!
Mahal Kita
Sister Orlean Stowell
No comments:
Post a Comment