Hey all!!
Today is the day!! I'm super excited to talk to you all! I bought two phone calls so I will call Rob and Carl as well.
This week has been good. We didn't do a lot of studying because this week was just an extra week. Our teachers already went over everything with us last week. This week was just mainly for review.
On Tuesday Jeffery R. Holland came to the MTC and talked to us again. He is an awesome speaker! He really knows how to get his point across. The cool thing was that at the end of his talk then he dedicated a couple of buildings here at the MTC. After he was almost done with his prayer he dedicated all of us as missionaries. That was super cool!
Meeting the Ambassador was good. Him and his wife came on Thursday. President Hinckley's son didn't end up coming. Sad! but oh well. so here is a funny and embarrassing story about the language. When the ambassador and his wife was getting ready to leave then I decided I would say Mahal Kita to them ( it means I love you) I didn't think it would be a big deal because we all say it to everyone everyday. Ha Ha. Well right when I said it then the ambassadors wife looked at me super weird. I felt like a pile. Ha Ha. I wondered what I did wrong. later that day we were all in the cafeteria eating. I overheard someone saying that Mahal Kita means that you love someone romantically.........Ha Ha. I freaked out when I heard that. I felt even worse of course. Ha Ha. I told one of the Counselors in our presidency and he started laughing at me! Ha Ha. Luckily later that day I asked one of our teachers what mahal kita really means haha. She said that It means I love you but its not a proper way to say it. The meaning is not in a romantic way at all...Ha Ha. I was not a fan of Tagalog that day haha
I'm super nervous to go to the Philippines. A lot of the missionaries left yesterday. And one of my companions. There is just six of us left to leave today. Anyways sorry this is super short I don't have alot of time. I still need to finish packing. I'm super excited to talk to you all tonight! I love you all!
Sister Orlean Stowell
No comments:
Post a Comment